Health & beauty start with the spirit.
First thing’s first. We need to heal from within and everything will effortlessly change!
Our spirit, the inner awareness, holds the answers to and the power of healing the body and mind. It has miraculous capabilities, but we have to be connected with it in order to reap its benefits.
Forget about the fact that you have yet to start your “diet” or sign up for the gym, or that you’ve tried and failed. Don’t worry about not being where you want to be. Let it all go! The pressure, the worry, the guilt, the disappointment in yourself, let it go. There is no need to carry such a heavy burden. It is through the healing of the inner foundation that will transform your life and health for the better.
But, this is not possible when there is a disconnect between our mind and soul and body. We must align the three in harmony by paying attention, putting ourselves first, and knowing that we deserve it.
That’s right, I said it, put YOU first! Be selfish and don’t feel bad about it – even if you have children or loved ones that you care for. You cannot provide the ones you love with the best if YOU are not at your best.
We are so much more than just our physical body. We are energy, as is everything else in the universe. We are more-so energy than anything else.
The spirit is the core of our energy and existence. It is energy that is connected to all people, all things, reaching into the infinite cosmos. The best part is, the spirit is our home… a home full of wisdom, peace, love, compassion, and creativity. It is our healing center.
Understand, though, that your spirit is not the same thing as your mind. The mind is a part of your physical entity. It’s a continuous conversation, constantly producing thoughts, troubled by its memories and experiences, sometimes distorting reality and playing tricks; this is the mind at work. We have a tendency to live in our head and get caught up in one thought after another, after another and slowly we detach from our core. The spirit is beyond this mental conversation. The iota of silence between each thought is where the spirit, the true Self, lies.
A caterpillar doesn’t turn into a butterfly by a process of thoughts or trying too hard, it just does, with effortless grace. Why? Because the caterpillar is living through its divine nature. That divine nature for us is found in our spirit. Just like the caterpillar, we are meant to fulfill our destiny and desires with ease and grace.
The problem is that the mind can become an obstacle, preventing us from smoothly treading a path to our destiny.
Once acknowledged that you are your spirit, that it is your true essence, the real Self, you can live from that place and conquer anything! You can conquer illness and disease, depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, and fear; you will be able to manifest your deepest desires. You will heal!
There are daily practices you can follow in order to help you get back to your core.
To begin your journey, below are 3 starter steps:
1. Flow freely. Organization is extremely important when embarking on a spiritual journey (as weird as that may sound). Otherwise, your mind will be too cluttered to see and be seen by your inner Self.
If you’re not already, start getting organized and write everything down. The less “to-do” lists and lingering thoughts you have in your head and the more organized your are, the clearer your perspective will be. When you get things out of your head and onto paper, you declutter the chaos in your mind. This will leave you free to bring yourself closer to your Self.
We are a product of our environment. A clean and well-organized home is better for your wellbeing and will facilitate the connection to your spirit.
So, buy a planner or a chalkboard, organize tasks into your phone, set calendar reminders and alarms, organize and declutter your home; do whatever it is you have to do, however you want to do it, just get organized so that you can FLOW FREELY!!!
2. An understanding. You’re awesome. You are already a masterpiece. You do not have to try to be someone or something better. You do not have to try to do anything. You just have to come into your true Self. You may be detached from it now, but you will move closer and closer through an understanding. An understanding that all of your thoughts, self-limiting beliefs, doubts, fears, negativity, etc., is a result of your “conditioned mind”. A mind that has been conditioned through experiences, memories, family, childhood, circumstances, etc. A mind that is now dictating your life. Yet, it doesn’t have to be this way. Your mind is not your true Self; you are far more than that. When you step outside of your head and perceive from your spirit, you will no longer be a victim of your mind. In order to do that, you must first be aware of your conditioned mind because it will always be there, BUT know that you don’t have to succumb to it. Being guided by your spirit rather than your mind will provide you a path to achieving your desires in life, love, health, and career.
So, start by making time everyday to be in the present moment. You can take 15 minutes daily to sit silently and simply focus on your breathing. This practice quiets the mind so that you can move into your body, calming the nervous system, and strengthening your spiritual presence.
There are many different techniques to aid being in the present moment and quieting the mind. The more you practice, the closer you will get to the core of your existence.
3. Love. Oh, yes, the mushy gushy concept of “love is all” seems to always poke its head into the conversation. But, you know what? Love deserves to be ubiquitous because it is the foundation of existence and so darn powerful!
Love yourself deeply, completely, and unconditionally. Love is divine as is your spirit. One does not exist without the other. If you want to get back to your core and reconnect with your spirit you must start by practicing self-love.
So, the question is, do you truly love yourself? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I constantly worried about pleasing others and doing for others at the expense of myself or do I put myself first and feel that I deserve it?
- Do I have relationships where I am disrespected in any way, unsupported, and exhausted or do I have relationships that respect, honor, and propel me?
- Do I neglect my body and my needs or do I treasure it and take care of myself?
- Am I hard on myself, critical and judgmental or am I kind, compassionate, and understanding towards myself?
- Do I always settle for less or do I follow my heart and dreams and feel that I deserve great things in life?
- Do I question my worth or do I value myself and feel that I am good enough?
If your answer to any of these questions fell on the negative side, practice more self-love. Remain mindful of these questions from this point forward. It would help to make a list and reinforce the messages everyday:
I put myself first and feel that I deserve it.
I engage in relationships that respect, honor, and propel me.
I treasure my body and am attentive to my needs.
I am kind, compassionate, and understanding towards myself.
I follow my heart and dreams and feel that I deserve great things in life.
I value myself and know that I am good enough.
Also engage in the following practice:
Wake up every morning with a big smile. Wrap your arms around your body as you repeat, “I love myself deeply, completely and unconditionally. I love my life.” Go to bed every night and do the same. Revel in self-love. I know this may sound cheesy or silly, but there is a spiritual, psychological, AND physiological component to this method and it works in more ways than one. So, don’t think too much about it, just do it. It is undeniably real!
Enjoy your journey to healing and happiness! Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Stay tuned, as I will elaborate on this topic throughout my blog.